Cara Delevingne is famous not only for her international modeling campaigns and her kooky personality, but also for her activity on social media. The young model and socialite has over 7.5 million followers on Instagram who check in not just to see backstage snaps from fashion shows and parties but also for a little bit of motivation, Cara-style.
Cara’s Instagram account is packed full of inspirational, uplifting and thought-provoking pearls of wisdom from history’s greatest thinkers including Buddha, Martin Luther King and Maya Angelou.
But what does Cara have to say for herself? Well quite a bit as it happens. Here are our 10 favourite Cara Delevingne quotes:
1. On being weird: “Don’t worry, be happy! Embrace your weirdness.”
2. On the fashion industry: “I’ve made so many amazing friends with people who work in the industry. More photographers and the stylist-y people who work on set than the models, because they’re such incredible people and they’ve experienced so much. This is, I think, the craziest industry. I mean, I love it. The fashion industry is like a big, f**ked-up dysfunctional family, but everyone’s mad and amazing, and everyone’s so different.”
3. On comfort: “Comfort is very key to me because I spend most of my time in very uncomfortable things, so it’s all about trainers and flats.”
4. On being yourself: “Stop trying to define who you are and just be.”
5. On Fashion Week: “Fashion Week is horrible, I mean, it isn’t horrible really – it’s amazing. But having to work that much every day is.”
6. On her personal fashion style: “I like a little bit of designer, with a bit of vintage and high street mixed in. I love it when you find those one-off key pieces, which end up becoming investment pieces.”
7. On being a tomboy: “I had no interest in fashion when I was younger. I was such a tomboy. I loved soccer, as you call it, or sports in general. The first time I was a bridesmaid, to my auntie, I refused to go down the aisle without my football shorts underneath my dress.”
8. On wearing high heels: “It took me so long to learn to walk in high heels it was a joke. When you first start walking you walk like you’ve never had sex, and then someone told me, I can’t remember who it was, ‘walk like you’re having sex and like you’ve had loads of sex’.”
9. On nudity: “It took me a long time to start wearing clothes, I used to love being naked. My parents would have to dress me because I’d just run around the supermarket and take off all my clothes. It was fun. Freedom. Liberation!”
10. Her life motto: “Stay cool, hang loose, admit nothing.”